Winter Cardinal Holiday Card | Altenew

Happy Sunday, crafty friends! Today I am sharing a card I made using some of my favorite Altenew products. I wanted to make a card that was winter themed and perfect for the holidays!


To begin, I used the ‘Winter Cardinals’ stamp and die set. To create the cardinal, I used the layering stamps with multiple shades of red Altenew ink, beginning with the lightest color and working my way through to the darkest shade. This added dimension and a more realistic appearance to the bird. I then completed the cardinal using brown and black ink for the smaller details (eyes, feet, etc) and finished by die cutting it using the coordinating die. 

Also included in this stamp set is the branch for the cardinal to sit on. For this, I used light and dark shades of brown ink and stamped the branches three times, for layering effect, then die cut the branches with the matching die. To give them an even more winter-like look, I placed a bit of liquid glue on a few spots and the dipped the branch into crystal clear chunky glitter. This gave the look of ice clusters on the branches. 


Next, I created my background using the ‘Cozy Flannel’ cover die. I die cut three layers and stacked them together for dimension and stability. I then die cut a solid colored base to adhere behind the cover die.

For the sentiment, I used the ‘Fancy Peace’ word die. I die cut and stacked this in white cardstock twice and once in black. I adhered them together for (you guessed it) dimension!

Finally, to assemble my card, I layered the branches and the cardinal to the lower third of my card base and glued the sentiment above it to complete my card!

♡ Dee

0 comments